How can my business help?
Your business can provide support to vulnerable families in Teignbridge
We Need Your Support
Every year we support families from all walks of life through challenging times that could easily beset us all. We probably all know families who have received Home-Start support, even if the confidentiality of our work means we may not be aware of it.
As a local compay your support means that you will help change the lives of families and children in your own community, where your business is based, some of whom may even work for you. If your company is further afield, your customers, those people at the heart of your business, could well be amongst the families we support.
There are many other benefits to your company in supporting a charity, such as our own, including:
- Improving staff morale and employee engagement
- Building a sense of fulfilment, productivity and loyalty to your company
- Creating new team-building opportunities by organising fundraising events
- Driving customer loyalty – 85% of consumers have a more positive image of a product or company when it supports charity
As an independent charity, we have to raise £55,000 this year to maintain our services and to address increasing need.
Board of Trustees
How can your company support our vital work?
By making us as your Charity of the Year
By doing this you would:
- Engage your staff and customers in fun and creative fundraising activities
- Provide your company with positive PR opportunities and brand exposure
- Help you fulfil your corporate social responsibility obligations
- Create a feel-good factor about your business.
We would regularly update your team on the positive impact you are making and would ensure your company’s logo appears on our social media and corporate literature.
Organise Volunteering or Challenges for your Employees
There are so many ways your employees could raise much-needed funds for us in this way, whilst having fun. For instance, they could:
Participate in fundraising sporting challenges. e.g. fun runs, marathons, cycling or swimming challenges.
- Organise a company-based fundraising event e.g. cake sale, dress-down day
- Provide a team or individuals to help with the delivery of a fundraising event
- Help us at Christmas with wrapping and distribution of presents to families
- Participate in carol-singing and choir events
- Organise a company fundraising challenge.
And, by match funding your employees’ fundraising, by donating the same amount to us as they have raised, you will motivate your staff by showing your support for their fundraising efforts as well as raising your company profile.
Become a Sponsor or Corporate Donor
Your corporate sponsorship or donation can bring tax benefits to your company, as well as raising awareness of your brand and creating a positive team culture.
Here are just some ways how your company could help us to support local families through sponsorship or corporate donation:
- Sponsoring one of our fundraising events, e.g. Our Quiz Night
- Funding our home-visiting of a family going through tough times. (@ £785 per family)
- Funding our Newton Abbot Family Support Group (@ £2,850 per term)
Should you sponsor us or become a corporate donor, we would be happy to include your company’s logo on our social media and corporate literature.
Provide Donations in Kind
Do you have a service that you would be prepared to offer us for free?
Donating your expertise, services or goods will help reduce our costs, allowing us to direct more funds towards the increasing number of families that require our support.
Donations in kind could include:
- Expertise: Legal, financial, business management, marketing, website development, copywriting, photography, PR & communications and other expertise.
- Services: Meeting space, printing, catering and other services.
- Goods: Computers, software, furniture, stationery, office equipment and other goods.
- Raffle Prizes: Products, tickets to a significant event, an ‘experience’ voucher, theatre/cinema tickets, a round of golf and more.
Instigate Payroll giving
Payroll Giving is a tax-efficient scheme that allows your staff to make regular donations directly from their salary on a tax-free basis. It is a simple and effective way for employees to support us.
You can find out more information on Payroll Giving here.