How to Guide
Get support from Home-Start Teignbridge
If you are a parent with at least one child under the age of five, living in Teignbridge, then we may be able to help you. Our support is free, confidential and non-judgemental.
Families have accessed our service for many different reasons. We have worked with;
- Lonely or isolated parents
- Families with multiple births or several pre-school children
- Families where there is ill health or disability/special needs
- Families affected by a bereavement or relationship problems
- Parents who need support with their mental health
- Families struggling with the emotional and physical demands of having young children
- Families experiencing difficulties in managing their children’s behaviour
- Lone parents
- Parents who need support to prepare their child(ren) to be school ready
We can offer you support from one of our fully trained home visiting volunteers. All our volunteers are parents, so they know just what you’re going through.
For more information phone: 07837 946069
We accept referrals for families struggling to cope with a variety of challenges, such as post-natal illness, disability, isolation, the demands of parenting young children, bereavement and multiple births.
Home-Start support is not a substitute for professional services but complementary to them, and the best results are achieved through an active partnership between professionals and Home-Start.
Who can make referrals?
Anyone can make a referral to Home-Start Norfolk with prior permission from the family.
Referrals can be made by any agency working with young children such as health visitors, social workers, family support workers, the Early Childhood and Family Service etc.
Families can also refer themselves for Home-Start support by contacting us by phone, letter or email. Around 25% of all our referrals come directly from families.
- We do not provide a baby-sitting service
- We cannot look after children in the absence of their parents
- Our support is for a period of up to 6 months
A referral should be made with prior consent from the family – they MUST agree and be willing to accept our support. For information
Phone: 07837 946069